ATOD messages that coaches, staff, student-athletes and others give during orientation, during the year and by their own actions are consistent for all student-athletes, cheerleaders, student managers and student athletic trainers. Coaching, sports medicine and other athletics staff adhere to the same standards expected of student-athletes, cheerleaders, student managers and student athletic trainers.
Viking Virtues - Cleveland State University
- The APPLE team identified 7 attitudes and expectations for their Athletics Department. Students sign a Viking Virtues pledge and there are a variety of supporting materials for student-athletes.
Student Athletes' Perspective: Alcohol and Drugs video - University of North Dakota
- Student-athletes were interviewed on the risks of alcohol and other drug use and their personal reasons for limiting use and dealing with campus culture. Four minutes.
R Care - Rutgers University
- The R Care program is a "state of the art, comprehensive wrap-around care system for all Rutgers student-athletes, including holistic health care, academic support, career development and preparation, leadership development, and community service." The website provides descriptions of several workshop offerings.
Accountability Pledge - Saint Louis University
- Student-athletes are asked to sign an accountability pledge, which was created by the Responsibillikens peer education group.
Core Values of Athletics Department - Limestone College
- Describes the Athletic Department's mission statement and descriptions of the department's four core values for administration, coaches, staff, and current and former students.
It's on Us video - Saginaw Valley State University
- One-minute video of student-athletes discussing the role of a caring community and expectation to look out for each other and be an active bystander in situations of interpersonal violence.
Step Up - Bridgewater College
- This 90 second video provides an overview of the Step UP! bystander intervention program and the expectation of BC student-athletes to be active bystanders.
SPURS Mentors - Hood College
- Students Providing Understanding ResourceS (SPURS) is a peer mentoring program connecting first-year and upper class student-athletes.The website includes information on the group's operating code/bylaws and new and returning member application forms.
Step Up Mules - Muhlenberg College
- Two video examples to promote the expectation for bystander intervention and details of Step UP! program.
Seagull Challenge - Salisbury University
- The Seagull Challenge is a fun and competitive way for student athletes to engage in the community, promote school spirit and support Salisbury athletics. Teams earn points by attending events. Link provided to the attendance form.
First Year Athlete Mentor Experience (FAME) - Gustavus Adolphus College
- The FAME program connects incoming student-athletes with current student-athlete mentors to assist with college adjustment. Website includes the mission, educational objectives and program components.