We're All-In: A Culture of Care in Athletics
Friday, January, 18, 2019 (Charlottesville, VA)
Friday, January 25, 2019 (Orlando, FL)
8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Establishing a culture of care involves all members of an athletics department; from the athletic director, to coaches, to athletic trainers, to student-athletes. Fostering a culture of care demands that an athletics department place significant importance on relationships, communication, and human development. These values are not to be overshadowed by winning records and championships.
This pre-institute workshop prepares participants to return to their respective campuses equipped with strategies to promote healthy expectations and attitudes within their athletics departments and their entire campus communities.
The goals of the We’re All In program are to:
- Increase awareness of the benefit of a culture of care within athletics
- Develop interpersonal communication skills derived from motivational interviewing and health coaching
- Increase awareness of organizational strategies aimed at establishing a culture of care within athletics you can use on your campus to promote healthy expectations and attitudes
We’re All In was developed by the UNC Greensboro Institute to Promote Athlete Health & Wellness.
- $250/person (double occupancy)
- $305/person (single room – Charlottesville)
- $329/person (single room – Orlando)
- Hotel room for Thursday night
- Continental breakfast & lunch
- Training materials
Registration deadline is November 15, 2018. Minimum registration of 30 participants per location is required to hold the training.
Link for registration is included in the APPLE 2019 individual registration confirmation email or see your Team Contact for the link.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 434-982-1814